Render Queue Problem (Answered, I think, but not happy)

Started by Chris McSweyn, June 09, 2021, 11:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

Perhaps somewhere down the road it would be nice to have a drop down arrow to expand the job in the render queue list to see the individual renders that are bundled together. That would help when you need to confirm that you selected all the studios you intended to add. For the time being though, I'm just glad I was able to update to 10.2!

Eric Summers

Quote from: Niko Planke on July 06, 2021, 10:25:07 AM
Hey,

We just made a hotfix available, it includes various fixes, as well as changes to how add model sets and add studios work.

To avoid confusion here is a quick summary of how it will behave now:
Adding Model Sets, Studios or Multi-Materials from the still image tab via the button in the Queue window will be shown as a single bundled render job (Configuration) in the queue.
Clicking the button multiple times will add multiple bundles.
Even though it is displayed as one render job, the output will still result in multiple still images in your output folder.
Render jobs will follow the Name Template of the active tab in the render output settings when added via the Queue.

I hope that resolves some of the limitations you experienced.

Niko

Hey Niko,

Is the intended behavior to output a folder of the bundled renders inside of my destination folder? This is a new behavior from 10.1 and I personally don't much care for it. If it was an option to create a folder within the destination folder that would be fine, but now I have to move files up a level and delete the folder that was created from the bundled renders.

Chris McSweyn

Quote from: Eric Summers on July 21, 2021, 08:32:07 AM
Quote from: Niko Planke on July 06, 2021, 10:25:07 AM
Hey,

We just made a hotfix available, it includes various fixes, as well as changes to how add model sets and add studios work.

To avoid confusion here is a quick summary of how it will behave now:
Adding Model Sets, Studios or Multi-Materials from the still image tab via the button in the Queue window will be shown as a single bundled render job (Configuration) in the queue.
Clicking the button multiple times will add multiple bundles.
Even though it is displayed as one render job, the output will still result in multiple still images in your output folder.
Render jobs will follow the Name Template of the active tab in the render output settings when added via the Queue.

I hope that resolves some of the limitations you experienced.

Niko

Hey Niko,

Is the intended behavior to output a folder of the bundled renders inside of my destination folder? This is a new behavior from 10.1 and I personally don't much care for it. If it was an option to create a folder within the destination folder that would be fine, but now I have to move files up a level and delete the folder that was created from the bundled renders.

I agree with this.
Also, before, I could name the studios with different names and leave the main output name blank + Active studio. This would give me files with the names that I wanted. Now I need to fill in the output name because it names the parent folder, otherwise I get an error. It seems like nothing but it's just one of those "un-needed" extra steps now. Here's an example:
Let's say I'm rendering Apples, Oranges and Pears

Studios:
Apple on tree
Apple on ground
Orange on tree
Orange on ground
Pear on tree
Pear on ground

Before:

Name (Blank) + Active Studio

Files:
Apple on tree.png
Apple on ground.png
Orange on tree.png
Orange on ground.png
Pear on tree.png
Pear on ground.png

Now:

Name (Fruit) + Active Studio

FOLDER - Fruit
Files:
Fruit.Apple on tree.png
Fruit.Apple on ground.png
Fruit.Orange on tree.png
Fruit.Orange on ground.png
Fruit.Pear on tree.png
Fruit.Pear on ground.png

I now need to remove "Fruit." from every file name.

CNG

QuoteRender jobs will follow the Name Template of the active tab in the render output settings when added via the Queue.

Hi Niko,

I like the bundle up function it really shorten file transfer time and the "Active Studio" under Name Template exports renderings named by their own Studio.

Charon