window

Started by Morgan, July 27, 2021, 11:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

hi all,
I have a question,the program windows for opening, saving as, etc. are so large it fills the entire monitor and cannot be reduced with the mouse, is it only on my pc or on other?
I did a fresh installation of Keyshot.

KristofDeHulsters

That's odd. I've never had that problem. So you have no control over the size of your "save as"-window? You might want to talk to Luxion about this, unless somebody else experiences this.

theAVator

looks like you might have an issue there - that's not how it should look.

Can you grab and drag the top window bar? Does Windows Key+UpArrow/DownArrow do anything?  Can you close the preview pane in the window and does that change how it responds? Can you change screen resolution or plug into another display and see if that gives you the ability to reach the edge? 

It looks like you just need to be able to reach the edge of the window and reduce it so whatever is there fits within your desktop.

Morgan

Thanks for the answers,
the edge of reduce is available but if you click on it it disappears and the window size doesn't matter,
the window can not be changed is only since the update.

HaroldL

If you can RMB click on the LH corner icon you will get a pop up menu. Select Move from that menu, the cursor will change to a cross arrow attached to the top of the window. Just click and drag to reposition the window down on the screen so you can resize it.
Quotethe edge of reduce is available
Also, it seems that if you can click on the edge of "reduce" you should be able to click on and select the title bar and move the window.

Morgan

Very good idea HaroldL,
the window becomes smaller and the window for import, save as etc.
there is even a mouse arrow in the lower edge of the window but it cannot be moved or reduced, it remains fixed.

INNEO_MWo

worth a try - just double click on the window bar on the top of the import/open dialog, to maximize or reduce window size?!

Morgan

INNEO_MWo,
great, thanks for the tip, it worked!

INNEO_MWo

great - so it was normal windows stuff and not KeyShot specific

Morgan

on pc since '86 I've never had this problem before^^

Morgan

This was triggered by a Windows update, because Microsoft got rid of the window frames in win 10,
which is why they could no longer be grasped correctly.

RRIS

Quote from: Morgan on November 04, 2021, 01:41:26 AM
This was triggered by a Windows update, because Microsoft got rid of the window frames in win 10,
which is why they could no longer be grasped correctly.

Got to love those random Windows 'quality of life' improvements...