Frosted glass and transparency

Started by TaChunHuang, August 03, 2021, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaChunHuang

Hello masters! Does anyone happen to know how to create the same effect as the second attached photo? I have been trying for a while and still have no clues...I apply heavy frosted glass on the outside and apply gloss paint for the filling as the filling is more like cream. Please help me, thanks!

Jayesh Patil

Hi TachunHuang,
I had similar problem earlier, after doing some experimentation I found out that cloudy plastic material works kinda better in this situation and for the inner cream like substance you can use a translucent material.take a look at the settings below you will get it.
Also make sure the inner filling doesn't touch your glass from the inside it should be a little smaller.
Try playing with the lighting and and sliders to get accurate results

KristofDeHulsters

If I may add, you also want to use the Solid Glass and not the Basic Glass for these glass thicknesses. Also make sure you have caustics on!

TaChunHuang

Quote from: Jayesh Patil on August 03, 2021, 06:12:48 AM
Hi TachunHuang,
I had similar problem earlier, after doing some experimentation I found out that cloudy plastic material works kinda better in this situation and for the inner cream like substance you can use a translucent material.take a look at the settings below you will get it.
Also make sure the inner filling doesn't touch your glass from the inside it should be a little smaller.
Try playing with the lighting and and sliders to get accurate results
+ Attachments and other options

Hi! That's epic! But I am still struggling with the lighting I guess, as the crystal feeling of my frosted material is not even close to yours...could you share with me a little bit about how u r setting up? Thanks a lot!!!!

Jayesh Patil

You can just bump up the brightness and for the translucent material to work better adding a high intensity physical light should work. As  You can see in my geometric view I have spotlight with large beam angle covering the whole bottle.

Will Gibbons

I'd personally recommend using the Dielectric material with multiple surface scattering checkbox enabled.

Full tutorial and article on that here: https://willgibbons.com/blog/frosted-glass