Zbrush /bridge and Keyshot import file size problem

Started by Morgan, October 12, 2021, 05:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

Hi there,

I have a problem, I wanted to render and send my work to Keyshot over the bridge and then this is what happens.

File size change ZBrush over the Zbrush Bridge to Keyshot
Zbrush file size = 3,52 GB (3.782.262.664 Bytes)
and after saving as Keyshot .bip
the Keyshot file is increased to = 15,0 GB (16.141.920.999 Bytes) !!!

All the Zbrush subtool tiles are beautiful clean quads, why do Keyshot change the quads in tris when importing over the Bridge
and also increase the file size so much?

If Keyshot triples the file sizes that's also difficult for the decimation master.
Any solutions, that would make me happy.

Thanks,

Erik Williams

Hello Morgan,
While the KeyShot to ZBrush Bridge is managed and maintained by Pixologic, we can take a look and speak with them to help them improve their process.
If you could, please contact our team at support@luxion.com. Provide them with the version of KeyShot and ZBrush you are using. A representative will send you a link to our WeTransfer Service, where you can upload the ZBrush file and send it to us securely.

Once we have the file, we will reach out to Pixologic and see what we can do to solve this issue for you.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support

Morgan

Erik Williams, thanks for the quick reply, I will do that.

by the way, I found this post over the change of the mesh when importing, that seems to affect others too, maybe that will help.
https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=28116.msg117763#msg117763

Best Regards,
Christian

Morgan

As is now certain (pixologic / luxion support) a .ztl file transfer over the Zbrushbridge will increase the Zbrush file (.ztl),
which means that the keyshot working file .bip will be more than 400% larger than before after saving as Keyshot .bip!

Unfortunately this is not mentioned anywhere!

Erik Williams

I've been scrubbing through their documentation and you are correct, it does not appear to be mentioned anywhere.
I am sorry for the hassle all of this has caused you.
I suggest reaching out to Pixologic and letting them know that information like this should be documented so that customers know what to expect.

Best Regards,

Erik Williams
Luxion Customer Support

Morgan

Hello Eric,

it's ok you just have to know it, I'm just amazed that no one noticed it.  :)

The Pixologic / Luxion Support has been informed over a ticket about this.
Example the org. Zbrush demo head (no uv). to SDiv 7 = 14,582 Mil .ztl = 746,109 KB saved as Keyshot .bip = 1.256202 KB

and when the Dynamic Subdivision is enabled (or forgotten to deactivate) it also increase the number of polygons in Keyshot for rendering.

It is strongly advised that all subtools have to be appropriately scaled down via the Zbrush Decimation Master before exporting or sending to Keyshot.

The Keyshot Mesh Simplification Tool takes too long or destroys the Zbrush UVs, but I didn't have the time in the moment to deal with it,
maybe someone knows the ideal settings.

Best Regards,
Christian

Morgan

@keymanYYZ, no idea what this has to do with the thread?

Morgan

First, Happy New Year to all :-)

With textures, the character would have 18 GB Keyshot compared to 3.95 GB in Zbrush, the problem could only be solved using the Zbrush Decimation Master, the current size of 10 GB (.bip) this size does not cause any major difficulties.