R25?any news??!!!

Started by hamidbarca, October 27, 2021, 06:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamidbarca

I've got  c4d r25 but the latest version of keyshot plugin won't work on it...so i was wondering when can we expect of new version for r25?
Thanks

Sune

Hi,

We are currently working on the plugin, but I'm afraid I can't give you a precise release date yet.

hamidbarca

it's almost 2022 and yet there is no plugin for c4d r25...
i think we deserve some information about a release date or at least someone explains us if there is problem or something else.

TGS808

Quote from: hamidbarca on December 24, 2021, 11:21:41 AM
i think we deserve some information about a release date or at least someone explains us if there is problem or something else.

It's only been two months since you asked and you got a reasonable answer very quickly. They are working on it. I don't think you "deserve" further info or any "explanation". It's a free plugin. You've paid nothing for it so, you're really in no position to be making demands. The download page for the plugin clearly states that it works with Cinema 4D R16-S24. Updating to R25 was your decision. If having KS work with C4D was important to you, you should have checked that first and held off on updating until the plugin was ready.

hamidbarca

Quote from: TGS808 on December 24, 2021, 07:31:19 PM
Quote from: hamidbarca on December 24, 2021, 11:21:41 AM

It's only been two months since you asked and you got a reasonable answer very quickly. They are working on it. I don't think you "deserve" further info or any "explanation". It's a free plugin. You've paid nothing for it so, you're really in no position to be making demands. The download page for the plugin clearly states that it works with Cinema 4D R16-S24. Updating to R25 was your decision. If having KS work with C4D was important to you, you should have checked that first and held off on updating until the plugin was ready.
first of all i didn't ask you and you're not in a position to answer me so mind your own business.but you must be really dumb to think the answer "we are working on it"(after 2 months)is a reasonable answer.as a someone who purchased  that product i expect an answer form someone who's really in charge not from a hero member.i don't care what you think or your opinions.

hamidbarca

saying "because it's a free plugin" is really funny.it's like buying a brand new car without car services. it's almost useless to buy ks without its plugins

mattjgerard

Quote from: hamidbarca on December 25, 2021, 03:45:04 AM
saying "because it's a free plugin" is really funny.it's like buying a brand new car without car services. it's almost useless to buy ks without its plugins

FBX export works for pretty much everything. Despite your cantankerous response to people trying to help you, is there something that FBX or Alembic export from C4D doesn't provide?

hamidbarca

Quote from: mattjgerard on December 27, 2021, 08:53:01 AM
Quote from: hamidbarca on December 25, 2021, 03:45:04 AM

FBX export works for pretty much everything. Despite your cantankerous response to people trying to help you, is there something that FBX or Alembic export from C4D doesn't provide?
thanks for your answer but it's completely different working in real time with pulgin rather than export it every time for any changes.
and about my cantankerous response...honestly do you think "you don't deserve any further explanation because you asked 2 months ago" and "it's a free plugin"is sign of trying to help???!!!can you quote some of his/her helpful comment?

mattjgerard

The tone of your questions make them sound quite ornery, so its to be expected. If you really wanted a direct response, I would suggest to contact them directly though opening a support ticket. This forum is not a direct line to the developers. I've worked with the person that is the developer for the plugin, and its tricky stuff. Maxon does not make it easy to hook into their ecosystem. I used to use Okino Polytrans to convert from CAd files to Cinema native files, and had many technical discussion with their lead developer and explained how complicated it is to work with the cinema 4d format. KS has had to skip a couple iterations of the plugin in the past for C4D due to this sort of thing. But, I was using the KS8 plugin all the way up to R21 and it worked.

I have yet to use the "Update" feauter of the plugin with any amoutn of succes, though, so I never really relied on it. I would always move something in KS and break the link, and the next update wouldn't work, so I've just reconciled myself to not using it. Good for you if you can make use of it, means you are much more organized than I!

So, to be frank, open a ticket at the main tech support site here- https://luxion.freshdesk.com/support/home and see if they are able to get you any more information. I have not tried, but will the most recent version of the plugin not work with R25? I have R25 installed, but I haven't used it yet as I still have several projects in R23 that I'm using. I never got around to installing R24.

hamidbarca

Quote from: mattjgerard on December 27, 2021, 10:24:54 AM
The tone of your questions make them sound quite ornery, so its to be expected. If you really wanted a direct response, I would suggest to contact them directly though opening a support ticket. This forum is not a direct line to the developers. I've worked with the person that is the developer for the plugin, and its tricky stuff. Maxon does not make it easy to hook into their ecosystem. I used to use Okino Polytrans to convert from CAd files to Cinema native files, and had many technical discussion with their lead developer and explained how complicated it is to work with the cinema 4d format. KS has had to skip a couple iterations of the plugin in the past for C4D due to this sort of thing. But, I was using the KS8 plugin all the way up to R21 and it worked.

I have yet to use the "Update" feauter of the plugin with any amoutn of succes, though, so I never really relied on it. I would always move something in KS and break the link, and the next update wouldn't work, so I've just reconciled myself to not using it. Good for you if you can make use of it, means you are much more organized than I!

So, to be frank, open a ticket at the main tech support site here- https://luxion.freshdesk.com/support/home and see if they are able to get you any more information. I have not tried, but will the most recent version of the plugin not work with R25? I have R25 installed, but I haven't used it yet as I still have several projects in R23 that I'm using. I never got around to installing R24.
thanks a lot.you're right,i didn't know about contacting directly but yet...anyway
i hope all of you have a great and healthy new year.

stevep67

I created a support ticket for this issue back in October. Just followed up again. I think 3 months is reasonable. The plugin is not a deal breaker, but a nice convenience.

stevep67

Only works for just released KS11. Was it that hard to make it backwards compatible to at least v10?

TGS808

Quote from: hamidbarca on December 25, 2021, 03:15:04 AM
first of all i didn't ask you and you're not in a position to answer me so mind your own business.but you must be really dumb to think the answer "we are working on it"(after 2 months)is a reasonable answer.as a someone who purchased  that product i expect an answer form someone who's really in charge not from a hero member.i don't care what you think or your opinions.

This is what your response sounds like. LOL

Erik Williams

The Cinema 4D plugin is supported on KeyShot 10 for both Windows and Mac OS.
If you are running a M1 unfortunately there are some issues with the plugin on that particular system that is causing problems. We are looking into this now.

What error messages are you receiving, if any?
Also, please make sure you have the correct version installed. The plugin for KeyShot 11 is version 1.1. The plugin for KeyShot 10 is version 1.4.
The 1.1 will not send things to KeyShot 11.
You can find the plugin for KeyShot 10 at https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/previous-versions/
Let me know if that is the case.

Regards,

Erik Williams

Luxion Customer Support