Backplate Image + Photographic Style

Started by Bacchinif6, January 14, 2022, 07:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacchinif6

Hey everyone! I'm trying to render a scene with a backplate image (photo placement) but when I go to image style (photographic mode) any changes affect the backplate image too.

Is there a way to work with the photographic image style without affecting the backplate image? I'm just trying to match colors and lights... and that's why I'm asking.

Thank you very much in advance.

syn0288

I also want not to affect it, but I don't know KS why it's designed like this. It's stupid. Or you can develop at least one option to choose whether to affect or not.

mattjgerard

this is probably not what you want to hear, but this is what photoshop is for. There is so much more possible control when compositing in PS. One of the 3d render leaders I respect much has always said, a render is never done straight out of the renderer. Its only building parts to comp'd together. Goes for animations and stills. The stress in my rendering life went way down when I finally accepted this, and learned more in PS.

That being said, this should be a simple request to add a checkbox in the  image style dialog.

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: mattjgerard on January 21, 2022, 07:01:55 AM
this is probably not what you want to hear, but this is what photoshop is for. There is so much more possible control when compositing in PS. One of the 3d render leaders I respect much has always said, a render is never done straight out of the renderer. Its only building parts to comp'd together. Goes for animations and stills. The stress in my rendering life went way down when I finally accepted this, and learned more in PS.

That being said, this should be a simple request to add a checkbox in the  image style dialog.

I totally agree with Matt. You can also render with the backplate without image style and a second one with image style but with alpha channel enabled. Then stack both together. The question is render two times is faster than post pro?

Bacchinif6

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on January 21, 2022, 12:20:38 PM
Quote from: mattjgerard on January 21, 2022, 07:01:55 AM

I totally agree with Matt. You can also render with the backplate without image style and a second one with image style but with alpha channel enabled. Then stack both together. The question is render two times is faster than post pro?

I'm so sorry for the late reply, but I totally missed both of your replies.
Thank you very much in any case.

Concerning my question... I get that it is easier to compose in Photoshop (especially for photo placements!) and do some minor adjustments there... but I still need my backplate image in Keyshot to match perspective / lighting and also need to apply a specific image style that I've already created in Keyshot as all of my other renders of this objects (on white backgrounds) have that kind of look.