Separate polygroups by material in Keyshot bridge export?

Started by archz2, February 19, 2022, 10:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archz2

I am using Keyshot bridge in Zbrush to directly render my models.

To apply materials in Keyshot easily to different geometry, I split the polygroups into subtools. Is there a way that different polygroups automatically split into different items in Keyshot?

archz2

Morgan

It is important to group the mats in Zbrush and I would combine all Subtools that should later on the same material before sending them to KeyShot.

archz2

Thanks! Please provide a step by step process to do that.

Morgan

Hi @archz2,

I would rather ask ZBrush questions in the ZBrush pixologic/maxon forum. Pls, have a look at http://docs.pixologic.com/
Tip. the normal working or saving format in ZBrush is generally a .ztl, you use a project .zpr it if you have to save materials and Zbrush render lighting settings to render in ZBrush, since a .ZPR quickly becomes too large.

I meant these settings in the ZBrush Render menu:

archz2

Okay. I have always used these settings in Zbrush but whenever I press the render button, with Keyshot set to external renderer, the groups get merged in a single mesh within Keyshot. I have to split the polygroup into subtool in order to apply different material in Keyshot. Preserving polygroups with their own material distinction, within Keyshot bridge mode would be super fast method. I'll ask on Zbrush forum too.