gradient fuzz rug

Started by polo, March 28, 2022, 04:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polo

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to make a rug using fuzz and the new paint tool. Basically using a generated texture with the paint texture to change the color of the fuzz. but it seems that when you apply fuzz, all the fuzz has to be the same color. you can't link a gradient or texture map or paint texture to it, and even if you go through a plastic diffuse texture that you link to the surface of the fuzz, it doesn't change anything apart from the base surface under.
Is there a way to achieve this result? thanks

Paul

TGS808

You can use a texture map and a gradient to color the fuzz. However, I also could not get the 3D paint feature to drive the color. That may not be possible. The attached KSP has a multi-material that includes a texture map and gradient example.

polo

ok, also the texture map color the fabric from a projection not from the fabric base individually (see picture) it looks like it has been sprayed from the top with a stencil and not tufted from the base with different color fabric. Is there a way to change that?

TGS808

I don't think so but if you change the radius of the fuzz to something narrower and make it more dense, it will be less noticeable.