GlTF Files

Started by Furniture_Guy, June 30, 2022, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furniture_Guy

Can anyone share their experiences with outputting and using GlTF files out of KeyShot?

Thanks,

Perry

INNEO_MWo

What do you wanna know?

Most time I'll use glTF to check the output and resolution of the baked textures. That is easier, as the breakdown of the glb file.

CheerEO
Marco

Furniture_Guy

Marco,

Thank you for your response. My goal is to be able to generate a 3D file for our sales reps to show potential customers a particular product on their laptops. I tried the KeyShot  11 Web Viewer but the rendered files are huge and the laptops supplied to our sales force are just not powerful enough to show them smoothly (no RTX video). My hope is that maybe I can generate a GlTF file and then the sales rep can drag and drop the file to an appropriate site ( https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/ ) during a presentation to a customer.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Perry

INNEO_MWo

Hello Perry.
If local files is your goal, I recommend to use glb instead glTF. The glb include the textures.

The web viewer is just an URL to the scene stored in the KeyShot cloud. Your sales just use the browser.
Web viewer has some benefits like configuration and multiple environments.

The glb can be presented as augmented reality. Or be embedded in a presentation slide.

Furniture_Guy

Marco,

You're very generous with your knowledge, thank you.

We tried the Web Viewer. Yes, it's only a link but the file is just too complex for the underpowered sales rep laptops to show smoothly. I will run a test with the glb file format.

Perry

Furniture_Guy

Marco,

I have been meaning to thank you for the info. The glb file format has been a great success!!!

Perry

INNEO_MWo

Great to hear/read that.
Glad I can help

CheerEO
Marco