Linux network rendrer

Started by germannick, September 14, 2022, 05:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

I need help with the installation of the network renderer on our Linux machine.

When installing, I get the following information

./keyshot_network_worker --config
"Cannot load library /home/emka/keyshot_network_11/bin/luxgpupt.so: (libcuda.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"

A file  ,,luxgpupt.so" does exist, but unfortunately the file  ,,libcuda.so.1", doesn't.
But the file "libcudart.so.11.0" can be found but this file is written  with the extra letters ...RT and the numbers ...1.0

Niko Planke

Hey germannick,

The message "Cannot load library /home/emka/keyshot_network_11/bin/luxgpupt.so: (libcuda.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)", will show on any system that does not have an RTX capable driver or GPU installed.

If you do not have an Nvidia GPU or do not intent to use GPU rendering on the Worker, the warning can be ignored. The installation should still allow you to continue.

If you have a compatible GPU and you intent to use it, please make sure you have a supported version of the nvidia drivers installed.
Running the command: "nvidia-smi" should return the current driver version. If you receive an error with that command the nvidia driver might not be installed correctly.

Of cause for Linux the outcome can differ depending on your Distribution, so the guide above might yield different results on your system.

I hope this information helps you getting further with this.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Support team for more in depth troubleshooting.