Animation of assembly, using constrains from CAD

Started by Ivan NX, October 19, 2022, 01:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan NX

Is it possible to animate joins or any other constrain from CAD in Keyshot?
For example, scissor lift animation using constrained parts of the lift to pull each other up and down...

Eric Summers

Yes, depending on your CAD software. If you use the KeyShot plugin to send your files to KeyShot, check to see if it supports animations.

Ivan NX

If I understood you good, you suggest me to check if animation form CAD can be transferred to Keyshot?
I do not have animation in NX, but I want to know if there is a way to transfer joints and other constrains behavior to Keyshot so if I move top of the lift in Keyshot all connected (constrained in NX) parts will move in Keyshot?

Eric Summers

Do you have the NX plugin for KeyShot? https://www.keyshot.com/resources/downloads/plugins/

If you do and you created an animation in NX of the scissor lift going up and down the plugin should be able to send that to KS (don't take my word, I'm not an NX user).
If that route doesn't work, can you export an alembic (.abc) from NX?

TGS808

Quote from: Ivan NX on October 20, 2022, 12:35:23 AM
I want to know if there is a way to transfer joints and other constrains behavior to Keyshot so if I move top of the lift in Keyshot all connected (constrained in NX) parts will move in Keyshot?

What you are referring to is called Inverse Kinematics. KeyShot can not do this.

Ivan NX

Quote from: TGS808 on October 20, 2022, 12:08:39 PM
Quote from: Ivan NX on October 20, 2022, 12:35:23 AM
I want to know if there is a way to transfer joints and other constrains behavior to Keyshot so if I move top of the lift in Keyshot all connected (constrained in NX) parts will move in Keyshot?

What you are referring to is called Inverse Kinematics. KeyShot can not do this.

Learned new term... Thank you.