Lighting not rendering

Started by rkulshrestha, May 23, 2010, 07:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkulshrestha

The first is a snapshot of the realtime in Keyshot. You can see the lights. however, when I render it, the lights dont show up - see second attachment. I tried various settings and am going wrong somewhere!

Please advise.

Shivani

KeyShot

Could it be that your ray bounces is too low for the final rendering?

rkulshrestha

I moved ray bounces to 128 then 256. samples all the way to 64 on last try. Didnt work.

Shivani

KeyShot

Ray bounces only go to 64. For your scene I would think 5-8 would be more than sufficient.
How are you generating the lighting?

rkulshrestha

Sorry, got that upside down, did ray bounces upto 32 and samples from 128 then to 256, The light is an HDR I made in Photoshop applied to the roof of the niches.
I uploaded the bip file as well, any chance you can experiment with that?

Thanks
Shivani

KeyShot

I took a look at the file, and the issue is that the hdr map is applied to the diffuse channel, which means that
it only has an effect is the material receives lighting as well. You can fix this issue by changing the material with the hdr map to the flat shader. You can also increase the ambient value on the current advanced material, but in general the flat material is better suited for this type of lighting.

rkulshrestha

How do you change the material to a flat shader? I didnt understand the meaning of flat shader.

Shivani

KeyShot

Double click on the material and select the 'flat' material type from the pulldown menu.