Out of Memory Expect Crash!!!!!

Started by jagged987e, June 24, 2012, 06:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagged987e

Hey folks,

Been playing around with Keyshot for a little while now and have just encountered my first major problem which I was hoping others on this forum may have some insight into or encountered in the past.  I imported a model I was working on recently into Keyshot from Solidworks and began applying materials and lighting, the usual.  I have made approximately 10 materials, 8 of them emissive graphics created in Illustrator and saved and applied as pngs to windows.  The other made materials are simple bump map and color.  I got through the entire, lengthy process of assigning and making materials, mapping the images perfectly to their respective surfaces, etc. . .   It was never able to render though and would crash.  Now, it won't even open and I get an error message after about 15 minutes of waiting saying out of memory, requesting some 1898400720 bytes expect crash.  I have 8gbs of ram installed, no other processes running, a decent video card, intel core duo processors and plenty of physical memory.  WHAT'S GOING WRONG?  I am looking into upgrading my processors to an i7 or i5 if it'll help but I was hoping there was something someone out there knows that I've overlooked.  Please help, any advice is appreciated.

guest84672

What OS are you running?

And how big is the model that you are rendering?

jagged987e

Thank you for the quick reply.  I am running Windows 7 64 Bit and the model is a 27MB Assembly.

guest84672

Have you looked at your RAM consumption? Maybe RAM hasn't been cleaned out from a previous session. You should definitely not run of memory.

Can you do a reboot, make sure memory is clear, and try again?

jagged987e

Sorry for the delay.  Been in DC after that storm that rolled through with no power.  I've tried the reboot, still it takes forever and a day to to open,   it loads materials and project without showing the rendering spheres but the model never loads then crashes.  I may just start over.  It could have something to do with my custom materials I created as well in retrospect.  Maybe the images I was using were too large.  One last question though before I give up, if I were to take this keyshot file to someone else's computer and have them try rendering it, how could I access my custom materials if they've been saved onto my computer?  Would I just have to relink the image file again?