Wheel Sidewalls

Started by Saloff, December 13, 2012, 01:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saloff

I applied texture (colour and bump) to a tyre side wall. It appears in place on one tyre all right. I check Repeat and the same texture would appear on the other three tyres as well but not similarly to the precisely adjusted first tyre... Is there any way I can do this on all tyres?

Thanks for your comments!

guest84672

Copy and paste the material?

Saloff

the model implies that the tyres are of the same material anyway. so, i cannot copy material from one tyre and apply it to the others. or do you mean that i should first unlink the tyres and apply the material with the texture mapping from one tyre to the others?

guest84672

Yes - if you can then that would be best.

Saloff

Tried to do that. It worked with the second rear wheel (the texture had been first applied to one of the rear wheels), but nothing is seen on the front wheels! I guess the texture is on the inner sidewalls of the front wheels...

Oh, and I have just noticed that the texture on the other rear wheel is mirrored. When I flip it, the first one gets mirrored...

How can I fix this issue?
Thanks!!

guest84672

Copy the material from the first wheel (shift left click), and then apply it without linking it (shift ctrl right click). Or from the right mouse button menu, click "select material", and then click "Apply Copy of Material".

Saloff

Thanks, Thomas. I will give it a try today.
So far, I adjusted "coordinates" of the bump on each of the three other wheels which is generally much easier than the first one:)