Labels importing too small to scale

Started by mdorval, June 21, 2013, 08:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdorval

Hello, I am a graphic designer using Keyshot 4 to render packaging designs. Not a power user by any stretch of the imagination. When I import my label onto the material on my canister model it comes in really small. When I scale it up to 5 (max) it is still too small. The label should wrap completely around the canister. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thx,
Mike

edwardo

you can go beyond '5' by manually typing in the scale box. Also try re-saving your image file at 72 dpi but obviously keeping all the pixels. Is it saved at 300dpi?

mdorval

The image file is at 72dpi. It seems obvious now, but keying in the scale size instead of using the slider worked fine. I think part of my problem is that my IGS file (which I get from a vendor) is built in little pieces, so the label does not apply to the entire canister model. Thx!

guest84672

You may have to make sure that you copy and paste the material on all the pieces - shift left click to copy, shift right click to copy and link. Once they are all linked, then you can apply the label over multiple surfaces.