Digital Mildew???

Started by Imz, August 25, 2010, 01:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imz

Hi Guys,

I've come across this strange mold-like problem a couple of times, which only shows up in the renderings- the realtime scene always looks good.

- It happens with scenes imported from hypershot as well as totally native scenes/ materials created in KeyShot.
- It happens on coincident surfaces (which might, sort of make sense) as well as stand-alone surfaces.
- I've noticed it looking through a clear object at a solid one as well as looking directly at a simple object.

Any wisdom? It is strange, and kind of frustrating not knowing when it might show up... does it have something to do with checking Fresnel?

Cheers,

Imz

The problem:

The settings on the yellow spring. (I've had it happen with un-modified materials straight from keyshot's library as well).

Speedster

Try checking "Glossy".
Bill G

Imz

So checking glossy reduced the "mildew", but it's still there...

anyone have any other thoughts?

guest84672

I have seen this too - we are checking into it.

Thomas

guest84672

You said the surfaces are coincident? Is this the case?

Imz

It is showing up on everything in this rendering, and it happened all of a sudden- I originally didn't have any issues with this file in KeyShot...

It's showing up on:

• Coincident surfaces (one opaque surface seen through a transparent one where the finger ridges are)
• One opaque surface seen through a transparent surface (the yellow spring through the Green lid)
• Directly on a surface (the yellow spring seen through the crack in housings, and and on the blue model facing the camera)

Thanks for the help...

IMz

Speedster

Hmmm...  I had a .bip some time back that just simply crapped out for no apparent reason.  Just wierd things started happening.  I tried a whole new .bip and all was fine.  Just for grins, have you tried opening a new KS with the same model and trying the same materials, etc.  No need to finish it, just see if it repeats the fungus.  I have another important .bip that stops rendering at 46%.  Every .bip I tried, importing (one at a time into new) SolidWorks, IGES and .obj.  Flat out wierd, and not a KS issue I'm sure.
Bill G

guest84672

Not sure it stops - may be a certain material / texture that takes a long time to render?