Tesselation problems

Started by hwolter, March 10, 2010, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwolter

Hi

I'm testing keyshot and experienced a serious problem with something that seems to be related to the tesselation of surfaces.

On big and flat surfaces, when applying a rather reflective material (stainless horizontal), I see some long lines crossing them (looks like if it would be the edge of a triangle of a tesselated surface).

Why does that happen?

Regards,

Henrique

hwolter

I'm adding a quick image to illustrate the problem. In the image, what the arrow is indicating is NOT a reflection.

hwolter

Another info I have just noticed: This problem has been happening only with Ansiotropic materials, when ''roughness x'' has a different value from ''roughness y''..........

guest84672

Please make sure to increase tessellation in your modeling software.

hwolter

I have tryed incresing the tesselation in the 3D software I use (AutoStudio), but it doesn't solve the problem, but simply splits one big problem into many small ones. I don't know if I explain myself, but if before, let's say, I had one big triangle which bothered me, now I have many smaller ones...

hwolter

By the way, it could be useful to know that this never happened with Hypershot.

guest84672

Can you share the model so we can take a look? Either post it here, or send to support@luxion.com.

BTW. KeyShot = HyperShot - it is the same. But we will certainly look into the issue.

guest84672

Just sent you an email, Harold. Looks fine to me using the latest version. Please let me know what parameters you were using.