Where is my Mapping Tool?

Started by imfastrnu2, December 06, 2013, 05:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imfastrnu2

I am having a problem with Keyshot 4.2.35. I click "mapping tool" but no mapping tool appears in the window. Anyone else have this problem?

edwardo

No, sorry, I'm still on v3. But nice les paul.... Like the two tone effect!

Ed

imfastrnu2

Here's the last render but I'm trying to get the numbers mapped on the knobs.

Chad Holton

Have you ever had the mapping tool show? You may need to update your video drivers.

imfastrnu2

no, it's never showed... I'll check to see if there's an updated driver. Thanks for the suggestion.

alco3d

I have the same problem. I am owner two version Keyshot (3,4) and when i worked with mapping tool into Keyshot 3 everything was fine, but after next starting i got problem with cellyndrical and others mapping tool. This tools just didn't display on screen. I checked KS 4 but noted the same problem too. Whats going on? How fix that?
And, yes i update video driver and reinstal both version, but nothing change.
Sorry for my English)

alco3d

Anyone from support can give me answer?

thomasteger

Did you zoom in too far? Try to zoom out. Also, are you on a Mac?

alco3d

No! When mapping tool is worked then on the bottom screen would be panel but i haven't that. Zooming doesn't help. I use Windows. May be other reason?
I notice: both version KS has that problem.

alco3d

Right now i reinstal KS3 but all the same....

Bruno F

I have tested this on the latest release and I am able to map labels normally.  The only way the mapping tool won't show for me is if I have some off-the-screen part linked by material to the rest on-screen parts.  Your image capture is cut off at the bottom.  Do you at least see the mapping tool's menu with the translate, rotate, scale, and position buttons?

alco3d

Nothing. Earlier it was, but now i lost this menu in both version in one time. I assumed that firewall blocks some KS  files , but after disabled nothing changed.

mcramblet

I'm having this same issue. Version 4.3 on Windows. The mapping tool controls do not show up on the model when I click the mapping tools button. I have no controls to move, rotate, scale, etc., the labels on any mapping type that uses the mapping tool.

mcramblet

Here is a scene with only the sleeve showing that I'm trying to apply the label to. The mapping tool is clicked to enable the mapping controls, but nothing is visible.