Zbrush to Keyshot multiple material.

Started by WilbertPierce, October 11, 2014, 01:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbertPierce

So my pipeline is zbrush to decimate, then to keyshot.
So I've made a few items I want to render. Maybe four tools in total but instead of importing 4 pieces I want to combine the for separate tools into one assign different groups and import in into keyshot. How can I assign multiple materials to said object?

TpwUK

Hi Wilbert - There are a couple of ways of achieving this, if i am understanding you rightly :)

1. In Zbrush you can carve up your model with the masking tool and then under the sub tool menu select split, and then split masked. If you want an easier export, then after you have split your model as wanted, then select the top most part in the sub tool list and keep merging down until your model is one single part. Zbrush will reconstruct the model with well defined groups ready for export as OBJ

2. When you import your OBJ, use the following settings;
  Keep Original location
  Automatic size
  Up Orientation = Y
  Environment and Camera settings both options should be checked
  Materials Group by objects - If you need face by face support, then select 'Keep individual Parts' may well be the setting you need
  Calculate Normals should be set if you have not done any UV maps

Hope that helps you Wilbert

Martin

WilbertPierce

Quote from: TpwUK on October 11, 2014, 11:16:30 PM
Hi Wilbert - There are a couple of ways of achieving this, if i am understanding you rightly :)

1. In Zbrush you can carve up your model with the masking tool and then under the sub tool menu select split, and then split masked. If you want an easier export, then after you have split your model as wanted, then select the top most part in the sub tool list and keep merging down until your model is one single part. Zbrush will reconstruct the model with well defined groups ready for export as OBJ

2. When you import your OBJ, use the following settings;
  Keep Original location
  Automatic size
  Up Orientation = Y
  Environment and Camera settings both options should be checked
  Materials Group by objects - If you need face by face support, then select 'Keep individual Parts' may well be the setting you need
  Calculate Normals should be set if you have not done any UV maps

Hope that helps you Wilbert

Martin

Thanks Martin that was perfect