Main Menu

Mercedes-Benz AMG GT

Started by Nils Piirma, November 30, 2014, 11:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

Newest and possibly the best render of my whole rendering time.

GokhanB

looks awesome !!!
what is the light source? if you have used HDRI,please tell me what is the configuration?
I do not catch such results...
Thanks

Nils Piirma

It's a stock / some modification PARKINGLOT HDR That I belive most Keyshot users have (from HDRMAPS) .
I set the HEIGHT to as LOW as possible and added some pins myself. then turned it to a bit blueish and roatated a little bit to see if it would fit the backplate.

GokhanB

Quote from: nilspiirma3d on November 30, 2014, 10:28:10 PM
It's a stock / some modification PARKINGLOT HDR That I belive most Keyshot users have (from HDRMAPS) .
I set the HEIGHT to as LOW as possible and added some pins myself. then turned it to a bit blueish and roatated a little bit to see if it would fit the backplate.

Thanks Mate

Nils Piirma

new angle

edwardo

Love the yellow shot Nils. I think you should either shrink the car a bit or enlarge it a bit, reason being both the front and backend are not separated from lines in the backplate. Im just being picky though - its a great shot.

Nice work
Ed

Adam_M

On the yellow shot, from the windshield to the rear of the car is really blown out and you lose a lot of the cars shape it seems. Also it might help if you added some IES lights to the wheels to bring out more details in the black paint, and the calipers are almost non existent too. 

feher

Nils
I hope you don't mind but I did some quick retouch work on the areas where I think you need to revisit. I think this shot looks good but, I also feel you can bring it to the next level. From all the images you are putting up I have seen a great improvement. So now it's time to start really nit picking these.
Like Ed mention that was the first thing that I noticed, you have to look out for the nasty tangents.  I made the wall bigger to push the vehicle forward that alone added to the image a lot. You will also noticed I made the ceiling in the back bigger too.
The wheels felt dark and you were losing shape and form. So I brighten them up. The side felt a tad flat I added a few body lines. I Look at some reference to see what the character line are of this vehicle.  Also did a few adjustments on tones.  Please overlay this image and yours to really see the updates.
Again I did this fast so the walls are not cleaned up and the mask are cut quickly. I just wanted to show you some things to look for when creating your images.
You might want to tone down the top of the vehicle too. That will help create depth.
I hope this helps.
Keep up the great work ! I hope you revisit this shot.
Tim

Nils Piirma

Hey Tim, thanks for the retouch And I will revisit it sometime in the near future.
Thanks for pointing out the Parts, but I quite like my older one. Maybe it's a personal preference. IDK.

Also I do this all as a hobby not a real job :)

I'm currently animating this whole car. when i get back to stills i will make sure to improve on those spots :)

Yet again thanks guys for the tips :) Will keep them in my priority list.

edwardo

Its funny how you don't notice something until someone mentions it, then when they do, it becomes glaringly obvious. I hadn't immediately noticed how the roof and windscreen were a bit blown out until Adam M pointed it out, then I couldn't stop seeing it!

Its a nice shot all the same

Ed