KeyShot for ZBrush Installation

Started by overthere, January 30, 2015, 01:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

overthere

Is the product a single install only? Or can you do two non consecutively used installs, in the same way Zbrush allows?
Thanks

guest84672

You can install it on 2 computers, but can only have one activation at a time. You can easily transfer the license between the 2 installations.

samrkennedy

What resolution is allowed for Keyshot for Zbrush and what is allowed for Keyshot HD?

Rex

KeyShot for ZBrush has unlimited rendering resolution.

KeyShot HD has 4.1 Megapixel (2560x1600) output resolution and 2.1 Megapixel (1920x1080) realtime resolution.

RichardF

Hi,
All work fine with ZB4R7 installation and working... 32 and 64 bits.
My problem: When I want to install Keyshot licence via Zbrush Bpr External render following instructions to the letter, I click Install my licence
it don't find my .zlic file because it ask for a .lic file.
I don't install the bridge because you said that it is already in the ZB4R7 installation.
UPDATE: I changed the .zlic file extension for .lic and no result.
My downloaded version: keyshot_w64_5.1.66.exe

UPDATE: I solved my problem.
I forgot to activate Keyshot with his serial number (the second in the email).
Now all work.
Te first time I only use the first serial number on the email to generate et download the zlic licence.
Now, if i have succeeded to activate Keyshot, the process to activate the bridge with the zlic licence has never worked.
Now when I click on BPR, I go directly to Keyshot correctly. The zlic licence stay a mystery...

Thanks for the great tool!
Richard

akiefer

I bought the bridge yesterday and installed it along with the licence code into ZBrush R7.

When I select the Keyshot for external renderer and want to start off a render ZBrush says "Unable to connect to external renderer..."

I am on Mac OS X, I have a commercial License for Keyshot Pro, ZBrush R7 and now the bridge between them... but I cannot get it to work.

Anny suggestions?

Albert

Quote from: josh3d on January 29, 2015, 04:58:08 AM
We're happy to finally announce that 'KeyShot for ZBrush' is available. You can find all the information here: https://www.keyshot.com/zbrush/

Some background and details:

On July 23, 2013 we introduced ZBrush integration with the GoZ KeyShot plugin. It was such a hit with the artists, Pixologic decided to take it further, put their development team on it and make it the integrated render solution for ZBrush. On Aug. 8, 2013 they revealed ZBrush 4R7 and the KeyShot integration. Today, it's finally here. (Bit of excitement.) There are three components to this:

• ZBrush 4R7
  • KeyShot for ZBrush
  • ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge

ZBRush 4R7 (list $795) and KeyShot for ZBrush + Bridge (list $349) are available through Pixologic. There's a limited time deal to get KeyShot for ZBrush + Bridge for $249. The Bridge is available by itself at $149 for those who already have KeyShot. 'KeyShot for ZBrush' is a special edition of KeyShot that works exclusively with ZBrush--same features as KeyShot, but has unlimited resolution and only imports ZBrush files.

Any questions, please ask.

guest84672

wolf-tec

Here the same!!
KeyShot5 and KeyShot Zbrush Bridge,
the license file is not recognized . . .
Wolfgang

keymanYYZ

I'm having a hell of a time getting the zbrush/keyshot bridge (win lic) to work.

I already have a Keyshot 5 license but when launching the PBR button (and activating Keyshot under zbrush's render tab) it tries to find a .zlic file. I've tried to rename this file but it did not work. Zbrush just crashed.

Anyone have any idea how to make this an easy process?

akiefer

Yes Thomas I do...

See screenshot...

Quote from: thomasteger on January 31, 2015, 04:36:43 AM
Are you running KeyShot 5?

Artbot

This may help.

On a Mac add ".zlic " at the end of the file name, and also, just to be safe get info on the file itself (Command I) and unlock the three listed user names,
set the file so that everyone can read and write.

Good luck.
;D

wolf-tec

Artbot

I am getting one problem though. When I tried to open the ZBrush To Keyshot Content Installer, I got a message that it ..."is damaged and can't be open." I downloaded it again from the Web but it was the same size so it is probably not that. It is 737.1MB before opening the .DMG. [mac]

SO, I understand this is great extra content and won't affect me being able to work in ZB and or Key, which I can, and it is appearing to be a wonderful and also fast combination (I've got lots to explore and learn). But I would like to solve this and need help.
I will send this to Support now.

1vezsy

first
ok to get around the damage content try .going to system preferences --> security and privacy--> general look for allow apps downloaded from and change it to anyway.

second
if you have zb to keyshot pluging installed on mac n get the
"unable to connect to external render"

try going to keyshot preferences --> Advances --> live linking and check if "enable live linking" box has been ticked. if not tick it and save. try going to zbrush and render bpr again

bisenberger

Quote from: thomasteger on January 30, 2015, 04:19:57 AM
You can install it on 2 computers, but can only have one activation at a time. You can easily transfer the license between the 2 installations.
What is the process for transferring the license between the 2 installations?