Free HDRI (My first try making one :) )

Started by Esben Oxholm, June 07, 2015, 12:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Hi All.
Spend my Sunday learning how to do HDRI environments, by following this great guide:
http://adaptivesamples.com/2013/11/17/how-to-create-your-own-hdr-environment-images/
I can really recommend it if you want to try it yourself.

I think it went pretty well and I would really appreciate if some of you would download the map and comment on the quality etc.
Download it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2388699/Parkinglot.hdr

Unfortunately, I didn't capture any back plates as I forgot to bring a regular lens. Lesson learned :)

If you find the HDRI environment useful, I'm definitely going to do some more.

edwardo

nice one Esban. Do you have a nodal head? (I don't, and got into bother when shooting panos with objects that were too close to the camera). I'll down load this and take a looks.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: edwardo on June 07, 2015, 02:20:56 PM
nice one Esban. Do you have a nodal head? (I don't, and got into bother when shooting panos with objects that were too close to the camera). I'll down load this and take a looks.

Thanks. Unfortunately not. I don't even have a decent tripod, which was also why I went out in this quite open space. I just shot it handheld.
I used a Panasonic GH3 with a Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye and stitched it together with PTGui.
The environment is made from 18 images each composed by 7 exposures from -3 to 3.

edwardo

wow, I can't believe you did that sans tripod! or PGTui is way more powerful than I gave it credit for, or your actually a robot that pivots at the hips. I think you could get away with 6 shots with your lens if you used a tripod (although your hdri would be way lower res in the end). Thanks again for sharing.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: edwardo on June 08, 2015, 04:44:17 AM
wow, I can't believe you did that sans tripod! or PGTui is way more powerful than I gave it credit for, or your actually a robot that pivots at the hips.

Actually, me neither. I didn't expect it to put together the images that well... I didn't have to adjust any control points or anything. It just worked. I think PTGui did a hell of a good job there :)

edwardo

I had also read that PGTui was way better than photoshop at merging several exposures into a HDR image. This was a few years ago (CS6, PGT 9), maybe its all changed these days though? Must get back into shooting panos, I'm still waiting on summer weather though  :-\

Fernando S

I`m test your image, excellent job