Simple Interior using 2 different lighting methods

Started by chippwalters, August 03, 2015, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippwalters

Closed interior except for one window. Uses Interior lighting setting.

This one is created with only a custom ski/ground HDRI map:

This one uses a single poly covering the window opening using an area light material:

Despot

Love the brick wall, but can I just point out that in both shots, the table and chairs are kind of floating. The floor shouldn't really be reflective like that I don't think, unless of course it's wet  ;)  Also, the sunlit patch in the first image is overexposed

J

Josh3D

I was trying to figure out what was off about them and I think that it's John, but I was thinking they were clipped below the ground plane, not casting the right shadows.

Otherwise I really like it, especially the grain and tabletop.

Despot

Quoteand I think that it's John

Yeah, OK, blame me... I've got broad shoulders  ;)

chippwalters

I agree about the shadows--and I think John is right about the reflective setting on the floor. It's  not much, but still TOO much.

The over exposed white blowout is an issue of composition, not exposure. Take a non-HDR picture inside a room with light streaming and set it for interior exposure and the window will blow out.

fyi:
http://www.davidgiralphoto.com/data/photos/405_1interior_design_photography_montreal_08.jpg

Josh3D

Quote from: The Metal Master on August 09, 2015, 12:40:25 AM
Yeah, OK, blame me... I've got broad shoulders  ;)

Lol! it's John, no doubt. It's John that caught it, that is :)

Will Gibbons

Also, perhaps some shadow where the floor meets the wall. Might be a better way to transition between those two planes.

Nice stuff.