Importing a KeyshotVR into Powerpoint

Started by bowen192, May 12, 2014, 01:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowen192

Hello,

I have followed the instructions on inserting a KeyshotVR into Powerpoint, but cannot get past the following error:

NormanHadley

I'm bumping this up to the top because I have the same problem and I wondered if anyone had found a safe and human-friendly workaround.

I say that because the error message that bowen192 gets (and I get) directs to a Microsoft Knowledge Base page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2793374 that suggests a load of regedit hacks.

I (nervously) tried tweaking the registry as they suggested but I still couldn't get it to work. It strikes me there ought to be an easy way to tell PowerPoint to trust HTML that's stored on on the native machine. It's not like I'm trying to embed www.dubious-site.com, after all.

andy.engelkemier

This kind of activity is generally blocked by IT. It's fairly unsafe.
Doing it yourself is fine, but enabling that means other people could embed web content that could be malicious. You may have to contact IT.

NormanHadley

Thanks, Andy. Technically, I am IT.  :(

I've tried setting up my VR html folder as a trusted "site" in the Microsoft Office Trust Centre but it still treats it as if it's virus central. Blummin' computers.