Problem with Pantone Drag-and-Drop (5.3.6)

Started by Speedster, September 28, 2015, 06:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

May not be a bug, so I'm posting this here.

In 5.3.6, for some reason I cannot Drag-and-Drop from the Pantone library. They just won't apply. This is the first time I've attempted to use Pantone colors, but my client gave me the exact callouts, all of which are in the Pantone library folder.

Is this a bug, or is there some other trick I'm missing?

Bill G

Chad Holton

Hi Bill!

Tested it out and seems to work for me. Are you trying to DND on an Axalta material by any chance?

Chad

Speedster

Bingo!  How did you know I had already applied an Axalta material?  Swapped it for red paint, then the Pantone drags on perfectly!

However, it shows up by name as the red in the materials tab, not as Pantone 877C or whatever.

Thanks!!
Bill G

Chad Holton

Quote from: Speedster on September 28, 2015, 08:26:00 AM
How did you know I had already applied an Axalta material?

I'm watching you, Bill... you may want to cover up that web cam in your office.  ;D

As for the material name not updating - that's correct. It's basically the same as changing the RGB value of an existing material - the material name won't update to reflect the new color. If you're not sure what pantone color the material is using (or just to double check), you can hover over the color swatch (in the material tab) and it will show you the exact pantone color. Beware, that if you slightly change the RBG value of the pantone, it will no longer be referenced.

Chad