Main Menu

Aston Martin Project

Started by imikej, January 06, 2016, 08:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imikej

Teamed up with Tim Feher for his interior materials excellence and overall uber-inspiration to create a series on this Aston Martin. We're going to roll it all out in the next couple of weeks. But, this is a peek at our 60s DB4. The beauty of owning this car in zeros and ones: no puddles of oil on the floor and we don't have to worry about the Lucas electronics giving out. Hats off to TF on an amazing interior (which we will show soon)!

Speedster

QuoteLucas electronics giving out

Ah, yes.  Used to drive a Volvo P1800, with the famous Lucas Electronics.  AKA "the Prince of Darkness"!  There was a cartoon book on Lucas.  My favorite was when they (in the cartoon) imported refrigerators to the US, but had to market them as microwave ovens!

This will be a fun project to watch unfold!

Bill G

imikej

Tim (Feher) and I finished our project of "restoring" a beautiful 1960 Aston Martin DB4. It was a fun, collaborative effort. The fun part is we enjoy working together and taking shots at each other. The collaborative effort seems to bring out the best in me (Tim was already at his best). And, Tim was always checking my posts and making sure links worked, etc (during what turned out to be a really busy shooting week).  We rolled out all of our images in a newsletter this week and then posted larger images in a Behance gallery.  Attached is one of the images from today's final post. See all of our work at:

tinyurl.com/juspd7r

Tim did a bang-up job on the interior and produced a couple of really fine final images. It was a lot of work for both of us. Looking a back at all of the images, I kinda see why it feels like this. There is no end to the iterations you can do once you have a model materialed-up.

A shout our to Maground too. They provided two of today's scenes.

KeyShot

Awesome. And story on behance about the evolution of this render is really great.

TpwUK

Great project and story - The only strange fact i did not know was the scarab wings :)
Hats of to Tim for that wonderfully textured interior.
Super modelling Mike, i honestly thought it was Modo from the clayed model, very surprised it was Max

Martin