360 degree spin

Started by tdx99, February 24, 2016, 08:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdx99

Hey All,

New user here.  Just got Keyshot 4 installed and I'm having trouble getting my model to spin 360 degrees.  It seems I can only spin in 2 axes. For example if I am looking at the front view, I can only spin in the X and Y axes.  Am I missing something or is this how Keyshot4 works?  I can fiddle with the "rotation" in the position tab but it would be nice to just spin it to the view I want.

Thanks.

tdx99

LayC42

So if you won't use the rotation around a sphere then change the camera settings to absolut and define the orientation via vector values. But with these 2 axis (azimut and angle) you'll reach every orientation in the environment sphere.

Why do you use KeyShot 4?

TpwUK

Quote from: tdx99 on February 24, 2016, 08:54:55 AM
Hey All,

New user here.  Just got Keyshot 4 installed and I'm having trouble getting my model to spin 360 degrees.  It seems I can only spin in 2 axes. For example if I am looking at the front view, I can only spin in the X and Y axes.  Am I missing something or is this how Keyshot4 works?  I can fiddle with the "rotation" in the position tab but it would be nice to just spin it to the view I want.

Thanks.

tdx99

If you don't have the pro version 4 with animation licence then you can only do 180 degree turntables. KeyShot 6 is the latest version and comes with the animation licence now, so no extra expense. There are heaps more features in KS6 that would make updating well worth your time :)

Martin

tdx99

Thanks guys!  I was able to do what I need using rotate in the move tool.  Just have to remember to reset position. Wish I was able to get KS6 but atm, IT only has KS4 available.