Keyshot for Rhino Plugin not working

Started by aldesso, April 08, 2010, 05:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aldesso

I installed the Keyshot Plugin for Rhino. Nothing has changed, I can't even seem to find a trace of it's installation in the rhino plugin folder. Am I missing a step somewhere? The directions stated the plugin would self install.

PS: I am running Rhino4 SR7

aldesso

Figured it out. The installer is installing the plugin in the Keyshot plugin folder, simply move it to the rhino plugin folder.
PS, you may want to change the code for the auto installer.

iluxa7k

It's from simlab. Thanks for plug-in.
Native mat.editor works with drag&drop mats.

Works fine, simply installed into plugins-dir into keyshot dir and double clicking at rhp-extension file or it will be registered in rhino enviro.

hatpat7

Quote from: aldesso on April 08, 2010, 06:49:16 AM
Figured it out. The installer is installing the plugin in the Keyshot plugin folder, simply move it to the rhino plugin folder.
PS, you may want to change the code for the auto installer.

Hmmm... I still cannot seem to find how to do this... Where is the keyshot plugin folder?

aldesso

Quote from: hatpat7 on April 08, 2010, 02:29:38 PM
Hmmm... I still cannot seem to find how to do this... Where is the keyshot plugin folder?
It is located in "My documents/keyshot/plugins"
Grab the file and move to C://program files/rhinoceros/plugins

hatpat7

Quote from: aldesso on April 09, 2010, 04:58:53 AM
Quote from: hatpat7 on April 08, 2010, 02:29:38 PM
It is located in "My documents/keyshot/plugins"
Grab the file and move to C://program files/rhinoceros/plugins

I don't have a plugins folder under My Documents/keyshot/(plugins)

aldesso

I you can't find it there, look under C:\Program Files\KeyShot\Plugins\KeyShotFromRhino ... you need to have run the installer prior to that. Grab the .RHP file and copy it to the Rhino plugin folder...

hatpat7

Quote from: aldesso on April 09, 2010, 06:24:35 AM
I you can't find it there, look under C:\Program Files\KeyShot\Plugins\KeyShotFromRhino ... you need to have run the installer prior to that. Grab the .RHP file and copy it to the Rhino plugin folder...

Perfect. Thanks!

iluxa7k

Or simply double clicking at plug-in, it re-registered again in reg.thread of plugins

NickO

I'm sorry, this isn't working for me.

I have "KeyShotFromRhino.rhp" sitting in my "C:\Program Files\Rhinoceros 4.0\Plug-ins" folder. I quit and relaunch Rhino I get same old Hypershot. No evidence of a KeyShot button.

Keyshot HD v 1.9 Rhino 4 SR8, XP

aldesso

In Rhino, Go to Tools, Options, Plug-ins ... and see if it is installed...if, not, hit install, select KeyshotFromRhino.rhp ... That should take care of it

NickO

aversis

Hi,

I also got the button in the menu now, but nothing happens when I click 'render'. The status bar says 'please wait' for a moment, and then 'finished'. But keyshot didn't open so I couldn't do anything in there.

I'm using the demo version of keyshot, can I not use that together with the rhino plugin?

Thanks

guest84672

It appears that the plugin can't find KeyShot. What version of KeyShot are you running?