"KeyShot 6 Master Series: Animation" Assets?

Started by Robb63, April 21, 2016, 12:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I've been watching the "KeyShot 6 Master Series: Animation" webinars for the past two weeks, very informative!

Dries has mentioned several times during the webinars that the animation files can be downloaded, but I haven't bee able to find them. Could you post a link?

Robb63

Hi Will,
I have the GrabCad truck assembly. I was actually talking about the KS file with the animation. Dries has mentioned posting that.
I'm working with a couple of my designers to walk them through the animation process and I'd like the animation to dissect (kind of like rolling back a SolidWorks model to see how it's built).

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Robb63 on April 22, 2016, 08:15:30 AM
Hi Will,
I have the GrabCad truck assembly. I was actually talking about the KS file with the animation. Dries has mentioned posting that.
I'm working with a couple of my designers to walk them through the animation process and I'd like the animation to dissect (kind of like rolling back a SolidWorks model to see how it's built).

Try the link again. They may have updated it after you visited initially. If you expand the description, it gives you what you need to know and the .zip has everything you're looking for I believe.

Robb63

Thanks Will,
Yep that was it. I was thinking the link was to the original GrabCad post of the Truck data. I din't realize that link was the Keyshot thread

DriesV

I can see how the content is a little hard to find right now.
I think it makes sense to include the link to the GrabCAD page in the Youtube description. I have a new version of the scene as well, that will be uploaded shortly.

Dries

DriesV

Links to the assets have now been included on the webinar page and in the Youtube descriptions.
Let me know how it works.

Dries

Robb63

It works well, Dries.
Thanks for updating that, and nice job so far on the webinars. We are looking forward to this weeks!

HaroldL

I just spent some time catching up on the Camera Animation Webinar. So far Dries has covered a lot of good information on them. This is no criticism of Dries but it's too bad they are so, how should I say it, jerky(?) There is obviously a bandwidth issue here that makes the audio and video playback out of sync. It's almost like watching a real bad old time movie. There are several instances where Dries is discussing a point in the audio but the video is several seconds behind and it gets confusing. I just had to stop watching after a while.

Come on Luxion, Keyshot deserves better than this. I'm afraid that if I showed these to anyone to try and convince them to get Keyshot they would be scared away.

With something as involved as Dries' animations it may have been better to record the session on video and publish it with the rest of the tutorials.

DriesV

Hi Harold,

I am aware of the sync issue in the Camera Animation webinar.
I have a recording from that session that doesn't have this issue. I will check if we can update the video on Youtube.

HaroldL

Thanks Dries, I'll keep checking to see when/if that happens. You covered a lot of good info and I want to get as much out of it as possible.