White Plexiglass

Started by DeteZvezda, March 12, 2011, 03:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeteZvezda

Hello.

I got a question. Why the material appears different on the render and on the realtime preview. Here are the exemples >

Realtime

Render

realtime render has a raybounces 32

Thanks

guest84672

No idea - can you share the file?

Xidor

White glossy plastic and acrylic are materials I use a lot so I looked at the file out of curiosity.

That file froze up my Mac. Not sure what was going on! I thought it might have had a virus. I had to do a hard shutdown and fortunately, Keyshot is working again and my Mac appears okay. Sorry, I dumped your file and never saw it. Just thought I'd mention this.

JeffM

It seems the inconsistency comes from samples. Try enabling the advanced material settings in the preferences then up your "samples" setting on your translucent material all the way to 64. You will then find that the material shows up darker, but will match the rendered output. To lighten things up, go to the realtime tab and up your Gamma to lighten and even out tones, try setting it to 2.2. You may need to then adjust some other materials to get them to be darker or more saturated again.

Generally you will want to be using a gamma in the range of 1.8 to 2.2 to give your lighting the most realistic look.