Main Menu

A few random images

Started by jet1990, November 30, 2016, 02:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jet1990

Hi all,

I'm constantly on the push to develop my skills within keyshot as i find it very intuitive to use. Ill update this as i go along. Most are WIP, all comments are welcome good or bad :)

jet1990

some more shots

jet1990

few more to add.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Well, there are some goodies here! I especially like that microphone you got here. Kinda looks like it was taken with a fisheye lens.

monson67

The Audi renders are very nice. Do you mind if I ask how you achieved the light streaks on automotive render retouched 2.png?

jet1990

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 01, 2016, 05:36:07 AM
Well, there are some goodies here! I especially like that microphone you got here. Kinda looks like it was taken with a fisheye lens.

Thanks! i created it in an older version of keyshot. I'm thinking of revisiting it with keyshot 6 to play with the material abit more.

jet1990

Quote from: monson67 on December 01, 2016, 06:44:53 AM
The Audi renders are very nice. Do you mind if I ask how you achieved the light streaks on automotive render retouched 2.png?

Thank you. I rendered them without any blur and took them into photoshop ( copied the lights to a new layer and added a linear motion blur)

jet1990

Some more images attached! kind of playing about with the space & autmotive theme. The puddles arent the best but its ok for a first attempt. also a WIP of a bedroom scene. I haven't taken any of the images into Photoshop yet.

thoughts on these?? one thing i was struggling with in the bedroom... I have a HDRI evironment that im using to light the bedroom ( along with an invisible ceiling plane) I added a plane outside the window with a city scape ( material was ground with a label i believe) so this allowed light to still pass through now heres the tricky bit. the wooden feature behind the bed was meant to be high gloss but it was picking up reflections of the HDRI environment (trees and field) so i reduced the selectivity as it looked odd. any way to disable HDRI reflections withing materials?

thanks

ShubhamShah

The head light doesn't look real (to me).. I maybe wrong coz even I am new.. but i just said what I didn't find correct

jet1990

final shot of the bedroom scene

NM-92

It looks good ! Two things regarding the wooden materials.

-For the floor, i think the bump height is too much. This should ve bery subtle.
-For the back of the bed, try adding a roughness and/or a specular map to control your reflections. This way you'll avoid the uniform and burned reflection and it'll look way more realistic.

You can also make the sheets a bit more rough so they don't burn out on that corner of the bed

Not an interior guy, so for me the rest of the scene looks good !

Will Gibbons

Definitely a great start! Would love to see your results after taking NM-92's suggestions.

jet1990

Thanks guys.

I'll revisit the scene once i get a little time.

jet1990

Took some time to adjust some of the materials ( bed covers are now a diffuse material/ backboard has 0 roughness with an outside plane set to emmisive with shadows unchecked allowing the reflection to be cast - one thing i did notice; although this technique allows the HDRI shine through - the floor still allowed greater light to bounce off it with the plane unchecked as opposed to having it visible with the shadows box unchecked)

Will Gibbons

This looks quite nice! The only thing that looks a little off maybe is the white headboard looks a bit bright compared to everything else.

Very nice.