How do I make it as realistic?

Started by yzk.evs, February 01, 2017, 05:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzk.evs

Hello Keyshot Community!

I working on a school project to recreate real product, but I am having trouble to look as realistic as the sample image. If anyone has any advice? Thank you!

Will Gibbons

It looks like you've got a reference image... if the 2nd image there is what you're trying to match.

1. Start by matching the camera angle. This will allow overhead lighting to illuminate the details of the surface of the object.
2. Next, match the color (you can use the eyedropper tool in KeyShot to match it exactly).
3. Then, I'd make sure you're using a translucent material. Yours looks plastic, whereas the bottom image has some translucency (look at how the edges are slightly brighter near the letters 'flic'.
4. Make sure your lighting mode is set to product (not basic).
5. Then, add a brighter overhead pin to cast some directional light.
6. Add a very tiny procedural noise bump and some roughness and you'll be there!

At least that's what I'd try.

yzk.evs

Thank you for the help Will!  :D I have a small question, what are the commonly or best used environment/HDRI for product shoots?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: yzk.evs on February 02, 2017, 03:32:35 AM
Thank you for the help Will!  :D I have a small question, what are the commonly or best used environment/HDRI for product shoots?

It's not that simple. It's 100% dependent on the material and finish you're rendering and the look you're chasing. That said. I'd recommend starting with the studio 3 side panel HDRI. I like to add a pin at the top of that HDRI.

PeterSwift

and remember to add some fillets on the edges.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: PeterSwift on April 21, 2017, 05:03:20 AM
and remember to add some fillets on the edges.

Good call. This can be done in KeyShot (sort of) using the rounded edges feature. It doesn't change the geometry, but gives the impression. It's a nice quick-fix and will work especially well if you're not doing super macro shots or have any corners (like those of a cube).