Materials not what they are supposed to be

Started by granit, February 25, 2011, 03:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granit

Hello All:

I have Keyshot as part of an Alibre Design Expert bundle. I used the trial version without problems a few weeks ago and now am licensed. I just installed the latest version and updates on Win7 64-bit and imported an Alibre bip file which I had modeled successfully before. Everything seems to work fine except all materials I tried that were not silver coloured, white or transparent appear various shades of blue to violet. Does anyone have an idea why this is so - or should I contact the Alibre support people?

Regards, g.

granit

Here is a screenshot of some model engine parts for illustration of the problem. The deep purple is "dark wood", the violet is "10K gold" used as a proxy for brass. Aluminum, glass, gray, steel and rubber seem to render as they should.

granit

I finally solved this problem quite by accident. I had some graphics issues with an online game and reinstalled a different version of the graphics card drivers, and voila, the materials rendered properly.

I have Win 7/64, I7, AMD Ati 6970. The Catalyst version 11.1 caused the problem; version 11.2 is OK.

Speedster

Strange, because the graphics card should have no bearing on KeyShot.  Regardless, it's a really neat model, and in my favorite genre- "steam"!  Be sure to share the finished product.  A little tip on the base.  If you paint up each surface in your native modelling app, you can apply the wood grain to each surface individually, and then rotate the grain so it all is in the same direction.
Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

PhilippeV8

Speedster

Sorry- I meant "Hot Air"!  When you paint up the base, just make sure each surface is a different color.  For the base that's six colors including the underside.
Bill G

granit

Thanks for the tip, Speedster. I'll need to make up some Wenge wood material. I am just learning Alibre and Keyshot and have used a project which I built as a "real life" example. I already finished the engine recently, a Jan Ridders Bas, (pic attached) and am now going back and using Alibre to draw the parts and then Keyshot to render them. It's more fun to learn something with a tangible example. When I finish the drawings, I'll post a Keyshot rendering for comparison.