Can't pan reliably

Started by Ed, June 14, 2011, 08:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

About 80% of the time, Alt + hold down mouse wheel & drag changes the focal length rather than panning.  The focal length changes in steps, as if the mouse is auto-repeating.
About 20% of the time it pans normally.
I can hear and feel the "click" when pressing down the wheel.

Win 7 32 bit
Keyshot 2.3.1
MS Comfort Mouse 3000 (usb) with latest IntelliPoint 8.15.406 driver
All mouse settings left to default.
Mouse works well otherwise.

Is pan working for everyone?  Advice?

Ed

Robert V.

Are you sure you don't accidentally scroll the wheel while holding down the middle mouse button?

Ed

I turned down the sensitivity of the mouse wheel in the control panel and that stopped the focal length from changing.  It was like the wheel was hyper-sensitive such that it moved, even when just pressing it down to get a center mouse button click.

But the panning issue remains.  Even tried setting Keyshot to performance mode.  Pan only works 10-20% of the time.  It's like the program is not interpreting the MS IntelliPoint reliably.

I wish there was a way to re-map the camera commands and also have a sliders for panning in the camera tab.

Ed

Robert V.

control mapping would be a great new feature.

guest84672

You probably have a mouse with a wheel that tilts. So when you press down on it you may accidentally tilt the wheel which triggers the arrow key. This results in a zoom operation.

Ed

I got my MS Comfort Mouse to work with Camera Pan (Alt-Middle Mouse + Drag).  The problem was that the Middle Mouse key is also a tilt wheel.  No matter how I pressed it, it would not work reliably.

The fix was to go to the Win7 Control Panel and set up mouse button mapping for a specific program, i.e. KeyShot.

I re-mapped the Magnify Button (red button on left side of mouse) to be a Middle Mouse button (this is in addition to the normal Middle Mouse button).

Panning works 100% now when I use  Alt-red button + drag.

Ed