customized user colors

Started by designgestalt, October 04, 2017, 12:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

hello everybody,
I just started very recently using KS7 as we were in the middle of a project and I wanted to get that sorted first, before migrating to the new version.
so my question might be a bit late:
I prefer the dark environment in pretty much all the applications I work with, is it CAD, PS or Keyshot.
now, with the new version when I pick a part of my model i.e. the part is "highligthed" with a dark blue area against a dark grey background.
I find this very irritating and eye-tiring (is that a proper english word?!?)
the contrast is way to subtle and was much better in KS6 with a light grey angainst a dark grey!
is there a possiblity to customize the colors?
thanks a bunch in advance
designgestalt

Rex

1. With KeyShot closed, open the KS7settings.xml file in your KeyShot 7 resources folder using a text edit app such as Notepad.
2. Search for "experimental" using ctrl+f and change "false" to "true" then save and close.
3. Open "Stylesheet Editor" from the Window menu in KeyShot.
4. Search for "QAbstractItemView::item:selected" and change the background color to whatever you like.

I know you can save the .style and open and apply manually each time you use KeyShot but I will have to get back to you on a way to automatically read it upon open.

designgestalt

hello Rex,
thank you very much for your reply.
unfortunately I lost you on point 3.
can you please be a bit more specific ?
thank you very much in advance !!!
cheers
designgestalt

mattjgerard

subbing for more direction as well.

Rex

See attached screenshot.

Again, this item will only be visible if experimental features has been set to true.

As far as auto-loading this you will have to hardcode the path in the same xml file. However, as soon as you go into preferences and save changes it will reset.