water gun

Started by Hossein Alfideh, October 09, 2017, 02:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hi everyone
for the past week I've been working on this water gun.I modeled this in CATIA and tried cloudy plastic to see how the result would look like.I tried to get the moist inside the gun with the cloudiness and cloudiness color options using simple textures.
Let me know what you think.Hope you like it.

Esben Oxholm

Very nice! Plastic looks awesome.

A few thoughts:
The water at the front of the pistol (on the ground) looks very dark around the edge. Not sure if you can lighting that in any way?

If you have more time, it would be nice to see it as a contextual shot with some props and stuff to add some story to it. Just an idea :)

rembem

The gun looks awesome but the water looks fake to me .... this image doesn't need the water.
Really nice work

NM-92

Super nice Hossein ! Regarding water, the drops inside the gun look okay to me. The one on the floor can be removed, or, as Esben said, it could be lit a bit more to make those edges less noticeable. Great model btw !

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on October 09, 2017, 04:23:44 AM
Very nice! Plastic looks awesome.

A few thoughts:
The water at the front of the pistol (on the ground) looks very dark around the edge. Not sure if you can lighting that in any way?

If you have more time, it would be nice to see it as a contextual shot with some props and stuff to add some story to it. Just an idea :)

Thanks a lot Esben for your kind words.Means a lot man.
Yes you're right about the water drop. Unfortunately I'm not in my home town and I don't have access to my computer for now and I'm working on my laptop.I wanted to add more stuff to the scene as you said but it's kinda weird how long it takes to render shadow/caustics than usual! so this minimalist render is for now but I'll work on the environment as soon as I get back home.

Quote from: rembem on October 09, 2017, 05:40:45 AM
The gun looks awesome but the water looks fake to me .... this image doesn't need the water.
Really nice work

Thanks dude for sharing your thoughts.I really appreciate it. :)

Quote from: NM-92 on October 09, 2017, 10:30:21 AM
Super nice Hossein ! Regarding water, the drops inside the gun look okay to me. The one on the floor can be removed, or, as Esben said, it could be lit a bit more to make those edges less noticeable. Great model btw !

Much appreciated Nico.means a lot.  :)

Hossein Alfideh

so here it is

Josh3D

Cool idea! And love the water inside along with the tube.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Josh Mings on October 10, 2017, 11:24:21 AM
Cool idea! And love the water inside along with the tube.
Thanks Josh.I'm glad you liked the details.

Will Gibbons

Digging the retro vibes and nostalgia! Awesome.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on October 15, 2017, 05:10:58 PM
Digging the retro vibes and nostalgia! Awesome.

Thank you Will! :)