Correction Roller and Pencil

Started by leo de brito, October 18, 2017, 10:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo de brito

Hello Guys! As this is the first time I post a render here, I will make a little introduction. I´m a product designer and I have been using few rendering programs to present my projects since 8 years ago but I never really learned it for good. This year, after watching some videos online from Esben, I completely fell in love to KeyShot and started studying it seriously. Since then, I´m getting more and more addict to it.

My intention in this rendering was to put the new Cloudy Plastic and Toon materials working together in the same scene. The correction roller(by  Roland Schneider) and the automatic pencil(by Jorge Pestana) were downloaded from GrabCad.

I created a texture to control the roughness of the  correction roller surface. The idea was to have different roughness settings in the same material and also adds an interesting design to the surface.

For the pen´s body I used a shiny and a rough cloudy plastic in order to check how those two materials would work together. A nickel preset was used for the metal parts.

For the post processing I used Photoshop and my intention was to give it an analog photography feeling. As it was taken in a design office tabble. The RAW rendering is attached.

I hope you guys like it!

Good lucky to everybody!

DriesV

That correction roller looks so yummy that I want to eat it. :P
The softness of the Toon "sketches" is very nice.

Great composition, presentation and focus too.

Dries

CSTDes

Really nice man, I love the use of colour/texture on the paper!

NM-92

Spectacular ! The roughness variation on the correction roller makes it a lot more interesting (I've played with this same model and ditched it). Great approach.

leo de brito

Quote from: DriesV on October 18, 2017, 10:50:52 AM
That correction roller looks so yummy that I want to eat it. :P
The softness of the Toon "sketches" is very nice.

Great composition, presentation and focus too.

Dries

I´m glad you like it Dries. Thanks for your words. I have a background as a photographer, so I think it helps with the composition and focus.

P.S. yummy  yummy correction roller!  ;D

leo de brito

Quote from: CSTDes on October 18, 2017, 10:51:42 AM
Really nice man, I love the use of colour/texture on the paper!

Thanks mate!

leo de brito

Quote from: NM-92 on October 18, 2017, 11:42:51 AM
Spectacular ! The roughness variation on the correction roller makes it a lot more interesting (I've played with this same model and ditched it). Great approach.

Thanks for your comments bro! :)

DMerz III

rembem

Looks good! Love the materials, composition and light settings .....

Berube

HamedHem

This is just amazing !

Really love the lighting and materials .

Will Gibbons

Double thumbs-up from me. Those materials on the correction tape rock!

Josh3D

Indeed. Awesome work. And welcome Leo!

leo de brito

Guys, thanks a lot to all comments! I am really glad you like it.  :)

leo de brito