'Visible to Camera' problem with emissive material

Started by lopster, November 05, 2017, 02:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopster

Hi guys!

I'm new to keyshot and there is a little problem i can't figure out right now.
I've added geometry to my scene and added an emissive material to use it as a light.
Therefore I've disabled 'visible to camera' so only the emitted light would be visible.
The geometry is still visible though. i.e. my sphere with the emissive material shows up as a white circle.
Is this meant to be like that and if so can i somehow only render the lighting without having the geometry show up at all?

Hopefully someone can help me out, since i couldn't find any info on this.
Thanks in advance!

INNEO_MWo

I can't figure out the exactly problem. Is there geometry with a high reflective material near the emissive part?
Maybe some screenshots would help us to help you?!

Cheers
Marco

Will Gibbons

Quote from: lopster on November 05, 2017, 02:41:14 PM
Hi guys!

I'm new to keyshot and there is a little problem i can't figure out right now.
I've added geometry to my scene and added an emissive material to use it as a light.
Therefore I've disabled 'visible to camera' so only the emitted light would be visible.
The geometry is still visible though. i.e. my sphere with the emissive material shows up as a white circle.
Is this meant to be like that and if so can i somehow only render the lighting without having the geometry show up at all?

Hopefully someone can help me out, since i couldn't find any info on this.
Thanks in advance!

Make sure you update your KeyShot software to the latest version. If I recall, this was a bug in a previous version that was fixed.

guest84672

lopster