Apple deprecating OpenGL and OpenCL • Any consequences for Keyshot?

Started by Metin Seven, June 10, 2018, 05:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metin Seven

Hi,

Apple recently announced that it will cease support for OpenGL and OpenCL starting with MacOS 10.14 Mojave. Here's a quote from Apple's MacOS Mojave specs:

"Apps built using OpenGL and OpenCL will continue to run in macOS 10.14, but these legacy technologies are deprecated in macOS 10.14. Games and graphics-intensive apps that use OpenGL should now adopt Metal. Similarly, apps that use OpenCL for computational tasks should now adopt Metal and Metal Performance Shaders."

I'm wondering if this has any consequences for Keyshot?

I know that Keyshot uses the CPU for rendering, so I guess OpenCL is not an issue, but does the realtime viewport use OpenGL?

Thanks,

Metin

Josh3D

Hi Metin, thanks, great question. As you know, KeyShot is currently supported on Mac. We are dedicated to continuing that support as well as improving KeyShot on Mac. We are not in any danger of being deprecated in the near future and we have a plan to move forward concerning the recent decision by Apple.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Metin Seven

Finema

Finema

Hi,
Apple Mojave is out.
Is it OK with keyshot 7 ou keyshot 8 ?
Thanks.

Josh3D

KeyShot 7 and 8 have been tested on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) without any issues. However, if you experience anything unusual please contact support@luxion.com.