Keyshot 8

Started by Weezer, August 17, 2018, 04:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

When will the people who couldn't make it to the  Renderworld event (like me) see a preview of KS8?

Weezer

Amazing. No-one else even vaguely interested in the next release? No? Just me then.

mattjgerard

If you are up to date on your maintenance contract you can request to become part of the beta test team. If you are asking for a download to play with, you can only get that through the beta program. Shoot an email to beta@luxion.com to inquire.

Weezer

I was just eager to see the new features in action – but I may well do that. Thanks.

mattjgerard

They did at one point have  KS8 preview video up, but I can't seem to locate it now. I'm playing with the Beta and its pretty cool. They are still working some finer bugs out, but the feature set it pretty robust.

Finema

Thanks for this video! We see some great new features. (displacement, dust, volumetric light, etc...)
I only hope that the price of the update (7 to 8) will not be too high.

RRIS

VERY cool! Now just hoping my studio will upgrade...

mousek

and uprage from keyshot 7 to 8 will be for a free ? :D

Finema

I don't think so.
On the other hand I would like to know the price of the update from the 7 to the 8.

mattjgerard

If you purchase or upgrade KS7 now, your upgrade to KS8 will be free. Trying to keep sales from dipping inthe months before release. Pretty standard. Not sure what the upgrade price will be. They did mention that they haven't increased their prices for a while. Not sure if that means they don't plan on it, or not to be surprised if they do.

cjwidd

I understand displacement is forthcoming in Keyshot 8, and maybe OpenVDB(?) Is there a full features / improvements list available?

TGS808

Quote from: RRIS on August 24, 2018, 04:47:35 AM
VERY cool! Now just hoping my studio will upgrade...

If your studio pays for the maintenance plan I believe the upgrade will be available to you at no extra cost.

cjwidd

New features in KeyShot 8 include:

- Spotlight
- Cutaway
- Scattering Medium
- Multi-Layer Optics
- IES Light Axis Selection
- Liquid Interface
- Hex Color Code
- Migration Assistant
- Context Menu Icons
- Integrated KeyShot Cloud
- Image Styles
- Displacement Mapping (Pro)
- Geometry Shaders (Pro)
- Studio Thumbnails (Pro)
- Configurator Material Ways (Pro)
- GLTF/GLB Export (Pro)

Should there be a Keyshot 8 megathread as we approach a candidate release? It might be helpful to concentrate some common Q&A that will emerge as a result of the new feature set(?)

As well, it might be nice if Will, or someone from the Keyshot Beta Team could post a couple short tutorials demonstrating the major new features like displacement, spotlight, scattering medium, etc. I expect the Keyshot team will do this in a webinar, but some short-form tutorials might be a good preemptive step.

jhiker

Quote from: cjwidd on August 30, 2018, 09:32:11 PM
As well, it might be nice if Will, or someone from the Keyshot Beta Team could post a couple short tutorials demonstrating the major new features like displacement, spotlight, scattering medium, etc. I expect the Keyshot team will do this in a webinar, but some short-form tutorials might be a good preemptive step.
+Cutaway & liquid interface.
That would be really useful.