Keyshot 8

Started by Weezer, August 17, 2018, 04:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

yes !
liquid interface will be great to see a tutorial demonstrating !

MisterNeil

Hello,

Any new animation features in KeyShot 8? If so, please share.

Neil

PerB

Hi

Will ks8 have any denoising feature?
I would lower render times as they are quite high on complex interior stuff, blurry transparent materials and area lights (which seem to render forever).

Cheers

RRIS

Quote from: PerB on September 05, 2018, 06:14:24 AM
Hi

Will ks8 have any denoising feature?
I would lower render times as they are quite high on complex interior stuff, blurry transparent materials and area lights (which seem to render forever).

Cheers

The interior render mode in KS7 already has denoising built-in.

mattjgerard

There was much discussion at Renderworld about denoising and how to go about doing it, so it is certainly something they are actively working on. Most of the time the answer is "Yes we can do that, but how, and what would it look like?" From the way it sounds there is a lot of stuff under the hood that just needs proper UI and controls that make sense to the broadest user base, and that is usually the challenge for the developers is how to make is work well, and easy to understand while getting consistent results across such a wide range of images.

mat10x

What does "Integrated Keyshot Cloud" mean?

Thx.

Quote from: cjwidd on August 30, 2018, 09:32:11 PM
New features in KeyShot 8 include:

- Spotlight
- Cutaway
- Scattering Medium
- Multi-Layer Optics
- IES Light Axis Selection
- Liquid Interface
- Hex Color Code
- Migration Assistant
- Context Menu Icons
- Integrated KeyShot Cloud
- Image Styles
- Displacement Mapping (Pro)
- Geometry Shaders (Pro)
- Studio Thumbnails (Pro)
- Configurator Material Ways (Pro)
- GLTF/GLB Export (Pro)

Should there be a Keyshot 8 megathread as we approach a candidate release? It might be helpful to concentrate some common Q&A that will emerge as a result of the new feature set(?)

As well, it might be nice if Will, or someone from the Keyshot Beta Team could post a couple short tutorials demonstrating the major new features like displacement, spotlight, scattering medium, etc. I expect the Keyshot team will do this in a webinar, but some short-form tutorials might be a good preemptive step.

mattjgerard

Keyshot cloud is now a pallet within keyshot, clicking on the icon no longer launches a web browser. Downloads are soo much faster, and no more having to login every nth time. Very nice touch to have.

mousek

If i have keyshot 7 HD and i will upgrade on PRO. will i have upgrade for free ?

CoalHedgehog

Section view, section view, SECTION VIEW!

mattjgerard

Quote from: CoalHedgehog on September 17, 2018, 08:10:47 AM
Section view, section view, SECTION VIEW!

Cutaway material is in there. Some limitations, but from the testing that I've done it works a treat. Quick and some interesting cap options.