about the news fonction

Started by fario, October 16, 2018, 01:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

Hello,
Thank you for this fantastic release!

But...

For me, the settings of some function like: "flakes", "bubbles" for example, is incomprehensible ...
To obtain any result is a totally empirical work ....
Would it be possible for Luxion to show us, or give us some presets in the material library, to facilitate and optimize the learning of these new functions?
Thank you very much!  ;D

Antoine

Esben Oxholm

Hi Antoine.
I don't think you'll totally will get rid of the empirical work. Isn't all creative work just that? :)

With that said, I think some quick tips on the new features should be on the way. Until then, have you had a look on the info in the updated manual?: https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/K8M/pages/437190776/Geometry+Node+types
Should give you some ideas on how to get started.

Also, if you you search in your KeyShot material library for 'bubbles' and flakes you will get a row of materials that uses these specific features.

Hope it helps a bit.
Cheers,

soren

It is also a good idea to ensure the models you use are modelled to correct scale.

Søren

fario

hum...
Correct scale???
I try to get a result with a simple cube, units: mm

The problem is really there.
We have no knowledge of the settings and the result in relation to the different scales of our models.
So, we waste a lot of time testing ... trying ... "empirical work" to get a pseudo first concrete result.
Please, Keyshot becomes step by step, a complex factory, so try to make life easier for its users, and bring us more ergonomic interfaces.
It was the strength and sexy approach of this software in its infancy.
There are options, such as material models for example, that I do not even use, so they are complex or non-understandable on the screen.
So use less information of textual controls, and more visual or intuitive.

Antoine

INNEO_MWo

Hello Antoine.

To be fair, there are several very good demo scenes installed in the scene folder.
A simple cube in a mm scene means an1 square mm cube. So the flakes value has to very low about 0,001 or increase this value slightly by a few decimals.
Perhaps you can look into Dries' spotlight demo scene and look into the relative scale of the center cylinder that contains flakes. This values can be adapted to your scene.
The water glass with the ice cubes contains a great bubbles example.

I hope this can help to wait for the next quick tip (if the time is right)

Or share your test scene, so we can help to improve it.

Cherry
Marco

fario

Esben Oxholm

fario

Thank you so much. It's very nice of you.  :)
It's really perfect and exactly what I expected.
I check.
Antoine