California Caddy, revisited

Started by Speedster, March 03, 2015, 08:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Finally got two major medical devices finished and off to the toolmaker's, and had some time to play.  Don't you hate it when clients interfere with your play time!

Anyway, I revisited my California Caddy, which I posted earlier and got a lot of constructive comments.  I've tried to incorporate them here.

I was determined to do a one-pass KeyShot rendering, with no post, using this difficult backplate I shot with my Galaxy 5, on a recent trip to Los Angeles.  This is the entrance to the Doubletree Hotel in Commerce, where we always stay.  The Caddy is the wonderful model by Curro Astorza.  I always give credit when using another person's model, and Curro is among the best.

One only beauty pass.  My own HDR.  No levels or adjustments.  I did have to go to post to double up (darken) the ground shadow, but there was really no option.  It would be great if we could adjust shadow depth directly in KeyShot!

I also did one of my 1936 Delahaye Coupe, and just for grins did the Photoshop comp showing a crowded entry.

Oh well, back to work!

Bill G

feher

Bill,
This is much better the Caddy is fitting into the scene much better now.
In post I would take alot of the blue out of the white leather..... ;)
Thanks for sharing
From medical to vehicles....lol Man of many hats.
Tim