Clean alpha ???

Started by kirk2345, March 18, 2015, 02:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirk2345

when I try to render output into psd file wih alpha  I am getting beyond those "Keyshot" watermarks somehow bad dirty alpha  + shadows keeping a few of the background color values . 

Is there a way to do what is called unpremultiplied  render in Max/Maya ?  Or I need a separate  "alpha" render with flat materials?

And my second question  is  would it be realistic expectation to see matching render outputs from Zbrush internal render   and Keyshot one?  I mean can I use Keyshot for beauty pass and Zbrush internal for depth,normal and AO passes?   Would be Zbrush hairs matching in each of them ?

Speedster

Not exactly sure as to your question, and I'm sure others will know better than I.

However, if you are trying to create a TIFF with alpha and properly capture your ground shadows, be sure to use a full black background color, which will give you the ground shadows without any color influence, as would happen with white or any other color.

Sorry I can't help you more, but I know others will!

Bill G

kirk2345

Thanks for the reply and the advice . I am trying to do so.    Still getting pretty noisy backround  in the alpha . Guess it's a nature of hdr based lighting and there is nothing to do with it.    Probably a kind of threshold for the ground material or some settings might help.

As of unpremultiplied   I just found it has 32 bit exr output so I could do it i Photoshop