Clock in context (6.0.95)

Started by Speedster, May 20, 2015, 02:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

My goal here was to test out some of the fixes in 6.0.95, look for new stuff and to place my clock into a backplate.  Three spheres, two as IES and one as Area Diffuse.  Some post to blend all together, but most was done in KeyShot.  I did have to add a Box Blur to the clock, as it was too sharp for the backplate.

1)  Spheres still not showing up in the model, but are in the tree.  Lights show as the orange wire-form, but they disappear if I apply a material like paint, and the sphere still does not show up.  Other imported geometry is fine.  Just the spheres crap out.  I reported this in previous 6.0 builds.

2)  If you apply say an IES at 100 watts, you now have to kick it up to 2000 to 5000 watts to make them work.  Ditto Area Diffuse and Emissive.

3)  Backplate toggle between backplate and color still not working.  If you toggle from a backplate to color and then return to the backplate, it remains a color and you have to re-import the backplate.  I reported this earlier.

4)  Perspective Match now works like a champ.  Prior builds would not show the backplate.

5)  Clown Pass is greatly improved as to color separation.

6)  IES won't "go through" glass or solid glass.  I think it used to in the KS5 builds?

Coming along, guys- this is an exciting release!  I just hope it does not get really complicated like the other players, minor as they are!

Bill G

guest84672

@1. That should be fixed in tomorrow's build.
@2. I'm not sure about that. What are your scene units?
@3. If you use the hotkeys E, C, B then everything toggles nicely. I noticed that the radio button for backplate doesn't work, i.e. doesn't bring the backplate back. But hitting the hotkeys will bring it back. We will fix it.

Speedster

Great! 

My scene units are mm.  The "missing spheres" is in .94 and .95, while the odd lighting behavior is new to  .95.

Forgot all about those hotkeys. But I seldom use hot keys, and I really should! 

Bill G

guest84672