Deformations !! At last :)

Started by TpwUK, June 11, 2015, 06:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

You can not see the animation in KeyShot with my script as it loads one OBJ at a time. I don't have KS installed at the moment because I am moving OS again, but i think i did it that way because there was/is another script that renders the bips to create the animation. if you're not on a deadline and if you can remind me in a few days i will look and see if i can find another script that might be more suitable for your needs.

Martin

sanchezmusics

Thanks Martin are very kind.
To me a script that would allow me to load the animation in KeyShot 6 and see her in it, apply materials etc. and render the work (animation) as in any other rendering engine. Keyshot is fantastic, but unfortunately still lacks important functions in 2016.
Thank you so much again, you're a big.

sanchezmusics

Unfortunately when KeyShot 6, is not even able to import an animation exported Alembic (.abc) like any other software / engine it is capable of doing. They are really important functions, and do not know why the KeyShot developers, do not take seriously. It ''s almost absurd that in 2016 such a fantastic engine, the only way to try to be able to automatically import an animation is a script.

TpwUK

Quote from: sanchezmusics on March 21, 2016, 01:09:35 AM
Unfortunately when KeyShot 6, is not even able to import an animation exported Alembic (.abc) like any other software / engine it is capable of doing. They are really important functions, and do not know why the KeyShot developers, do not take seriously. It ''s almost absurd that in 2016 such a fantastic engine, the only way to try to be able to automatically import an animation is a script.

Give it time. KeyShot development seems to be customer driven. Alembic cache support was added to KeyShot 6 during the beta testing phase and as such it's still very early days for that particular feature of KeyShot. I know that this does not help you much, and I understand your frustration. Adding support via scripting makes sense when you are a multi-platform app otherwise you end up having to code link libraries for every OS you support. Again scripting support was only added in KS6 so it too is in its infancy. To be honest I don't think KeyShot was ever intended to be an animation and special effects rendering engine. The clue is in the name,  it was meant to be, and excels at being a digital photography studio.

Martin

sanchezmusics

I understand but expands and more will have new users and therefore successful. Today in computer graphics are done many animations and it would be great to do also with KeyShot which I find a really excellent engine. It 'a shame even to version 6 and in 2016, not is unable to do this.

I very much hope that you will help me with the script. I would be really very grateful. Thanks so much

TpwUK

Quote from: sanchezmusics on March 21, 2016, 04:24:39 AM
I understand but expands and more will have new users and therefore successful. Today in computer graphics are done many animations and it would be great to do also with KeyShot which I find a really excellent engine. It 'a shame even to version 6 and in 2016, not is unable to do this.

I very much hope that you will help me with the script. I would be really very grateful. Thanks so much

Look up a user here called LM6, he does some cool stuff with X-Particles with C4D exported with Alembic Cache and the rendered with KeyShot. He might be able to help you quicker and probably more than myself.

Martin

sanchezmusics

if you can help me I thank you very much

sanchezmusics

You do not want to help me? Thanks