Network render New Product mode

Started by mattjgerard, March 05, 2018, 07:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

So, in my little unofficial completely unscientific experiment, the experimental New Product mode nearly doubles the FPS for a simple metal bracket with a piece of black rubber on it  from 8.9fps to 18.1fps in my real time viewer.

Question is when I go to send this to my render farm, does that new product render mode activate on the render farm? Do I need to turn it on in a similar way as I did on my local machine?

Thanks!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 05, 2018, 07:28:59 AM
So, in my little unofficial completely unscientific experiment, the experimental New Product mode nearly doubles the FPS for a simple metal bracket with a piece of black rubber on it  from 8.9fps to 18.1fps in my real time viewer.

Question is when I go to send this to my render farm, does that new product render mode activate on the render farm? Do I need to turn it on in a similar way as I did on my local machine?

Thanks!

The network rendering should use that render mode you set in the Real-time view.

mattjgerard

Sweet, thanks will. That new mode is working great for me, some scenes it speeds up quite well, while others its about the same.