How to do something more like "Viewsets"

Started by Robb63, March 06, 2018, 12:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I used to love working with Viewsets in Keyshot 6, and found them very intuitive and a real time saver.
In KS 7 I am constantly saving a camera, with the environment, but then I rotate the environment while setting up my next camera, and now I've changed the environment for the previous camera.

Can I tie the camera and saved environment together so that I can still experiment with my environment lighting, but still get back to a saved environment (rotation, brightness, height, etc...) if I don't find a better version while tweaking.

Basically I guess I'm asking is there something that works the same as "Saved Viewsets" used to work in KS6?

mattjgerard

I'm assuming that you've tried using Studios and that for some reason its not working for you? I have done the same thing with a large model of say an offset web printer that might have half a dozen of our products on it. I set up a studio for each product around the machine, they are sensors, so they are mostly small. Then I position a camera for each view, assign it to the proper studio for the product its looking at. Then, since lighting is never the same, I create one environment that works for the first studio/camera angle. Then I move to the second studio that has a different camera assigned to it. If the current Environment doesn't work for that shot, I duplicate the environment, assign the new one to the current studio and start playing around. I'll end up with 2-3 "Test" environments before I pick one I like. Then move to studio 3. If neither of those environments from studio 1 or 2 work, I'll duplicate it again, and play with it again.

Clicking on the studio switches quickly between the camera and environment. Its actually pretty slick. I started on KS at the end of version 6, and just when I figured out viewsets and the other stuff they turned it all into studios and model sets. Which I now use every day.

Hope this helps.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Robb63 on March 06, 2018, 12:55:53 PM
I used to love working with Viewsets in Keyshot 6, and found them very intuitive and a real time saver.
In KS 7 I am constantly saving a camera, with the environment, but then I rotate the environment while setting up my next camera, and now I've changed the environment for the previous camera.

Can I tie the camera and saved environment together so that I can still experiment with my environment lighting, but still get back to a saved environment (rotation, brightness, height, etc...) if I don't find a better version while tweaking.

Basically I guess I'm asking is there something that works the same as "Saved Viewsets" used to work in KS6?

I just made a video quick-tip showing how to do this. It only takes about 20 seconds. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFjXL4tZyp4

DMerz III

Studios is so much better! It is like viewsets but with waaaay more control.

Robb63

Thanks for making that video Will! That does a good job of explaining it.
I tried using Studios when KS7 first came out, but I didn't quite get what was going on. I realized after reading some of yesterdays replies to my question that I've just been closing the "Studios" window whenever I open Keyshot and not using it at all.
Now I get it.

Thanks to all!!!