how to save a model in keyshot as a library model

Started by Gabik87, April 08, 2019, 01:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabik87

Dear all,
Now I bring free models on internet and I set material for them and so on.
How I've to save these models and materials on keyshot?
I need these objects ready for use, in other scenes.

Thanks for all your answer

mattjgerard

Save them as individual jeyshot projects, and import them when needed. The only thing you need to be aware of is that UV mapping of the textures and labels is the only way to keep them from going goofy when importing into scenes with different units/scales. I have a library of various doodads that I need every once in a while.

Gabik87

Good, I model with mm and import them with the same scale.
but how I've to export file as: bip or in ksp.
Thanks a lot mattjgerard

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 08, 2019, 05:42:40 AM
Save them as individual jeyshot projects, and import them when needed. The only thing you need to be aware of is that UV mapping of the textures and labels is the only way to keep them from going goofy when importing into scenes with different units/scales. I have a library of various doodads that I need every once in a while.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Gabik87 on April 08, 2019, 06:49:43 AM
Good, I model with mm and import them with the same scale.
but how I've to export file as: bip or in ksp.
Thanks a lot mattjgerard

Quote from: mattjgerard on April 08, 2019, 05:42:40 AM

If you need to move the files from the machone that they were made one, save as a KSP, that will package all the textures and everything in there needed to rebuild the scene including the HDRI. Problem with that format is that you can't directly import a KSP into another project. If you try to, either by hitting the IMPORT button in the ribbon, menu, or drag and drop it into the scene it will want to close your current scene and open the KSP in its own project. You can get around this by doing just that, then re-opening your original scene then import your now uncompressed ksp file, or by changing the .ksp to a .zip by renaming the file, then using a zip utility to unpack it. Then you have a folder that has all the assets in it that you can now import.

The bip is much easier to deal with if you have all the textures and materials already in your Keyshot library. It will import directly into your scene and connect to the textures and materials in your library. Great if you work and are saving your object/project library locally. If you are trying to do this for a team of people (like I have to) it gets a little more complicated but can be done.