render with alpha channel: makes all geometry transparent?

Started by glide, April 28, 2013, 08:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glide

whenever I try to render with the alpha channel, the geometry, whether its transparent or not comes into PS roughly 50% transparent? I tried turning off DOF thinking that may influence but didnt make a difference. 

I am new to the software and believe I had it working earlier so pretty certain I tweaked something that is making this happen but cant seem to find it :)

thanks for the help.

glide

looking into it more this morning, I loaded another project that I worked on previous and found that I am getting proper opacity with a transparent background. I applied the project settings from this previous project to the project in question and still not getting the project to render correctly.
Is there some sort of global setting I am missing or is it a glitch in the project itself??

glide

Ok, so when I unlocked the camera and went to "free camera" the issue went away. guess the locked camera I was using was creating the transparent render mode.

.....Well, after getting opaque renderings, the issue has come back, and after trying to create a new fresh camera, this issue persists.. any ideas? is this a glitch or operator error??

bit frustrating so I hope someone can offer advice.